Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap-os-db problems

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 10:08:24 -0700

Hi Jo??o.

    I'm looking at nmap-os-db file and find some small problems:

        line 14286: device type is "media-device", but other entrys
are "media device".

I changed it to "media device".

        line 3583: device vendor is "Fujistu", the coment upper
fingerprint says "Fujitsu Siemens", and is the unique "Fujitsu" entry.
It's correct the vendor name?

Sometimes tracking down all these devices and vendors can be tricky.
Fujitsu exists as its own company, but there's a partnership between
Fujitsu and Siemens called Fujitsu Siemens that also sells products. So
it's possible that there could be a fingerprint with a vendor of just
"Fujitsu". But because the comment for this one says "Fujitsu Siemens" I
changed the vendor to match.

        line 5033: device vendor says "Konica Minolta", but
fingerprint line says only "Minolta".

I looked that one up and changed it to "Konica Minolta". Also the
printer's name was wrong; I changed "MagicColor" to "magicolor".

Thanks.

David Fifield