Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap.xml to docbook xml to {pdf,rtf,html,...}

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 18:42:17 -0700

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 08:41:05AM +0200, Henrik Lund Kramshøj wrote:
Hi There

I use nmap a lot, and have done for several years now.
While nmap and other tools are really great there is a
long way to go from output to something the PHBs understand.

Which is why I have messed around with the nmap.xsl
stylesheet, which can produce great HTML output for
screen and print.

Hi Henrik.  This sounds quite promising.  I would like to include your
XSL improvements in the docs/nmap.xsl included with Nmap (and
available from the Nmap web site).  But I took at look at
vikingscan/template/xsl/nmap.xsl and it seems to be missing a number
of more recent additions to nmap.xsl, such as the --reason and
traceroute output.  Do you think you could apply your changes to the
corrent svn nmap.xsl and test them?  You can find the latest veraion
at /nmap/docs/nmap.xsl in the Nmap SVN.

Your VikingScan idea does have a lot of potential.

Thanks,
Fyodor