Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] New script for PPTP version detection

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 15:32:02 -0800

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 10:29:30AM -0600, Thomas Buchanan wrote:

The Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) RFC [1] defines fields in
the connection control setup packets for system hostname, vendor name,
and firmware version.  These seem like interesting things to try and
gather, so here's an NSE script that does just that.

Looks great, Thomas!  Nmap is in a feature freeze, but NSE scripts are
independent and can be pretty easily removed again if there is a
problem, so I have checked this into SVN for the next release.  We are
now up to 38 NSE scripts shipped with Nmap.

Cheers,
-F