Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Errors on Mac 10.5 with NSE

From: MadHat Unspecific <madhat () unspecific com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 12:57:08 -0600

Eddie Bell wrote:
The router may have been rate limiting your icmp exceeded messages or
if it was a cheap router then it may not have been able to handle the
traffic generated by -A (my old router crashed with too much nmap
traffic!)

If you can reproduce it, a dump of --packet-trace would be very useful

Yeah, I ave been at client sites, so I don't think it was cheap gear,
but rate limiting may have done it.

Sorry for the false report.  I'll keep trying to reproduce it.  If I do,
I'll get more info.

- eddie