Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Nmap says Host down when actually host is up.

From: "Dario Ciccarone (dciccaro)" <dciccaro () cisco com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:07:46 -0400

Yeah, for what is worth, I kind of agree with this approach.

And even if someone came up with the full details (topology, packet
captures, device versions, etc) - would it make at all sense to add a
bunch of code to detect a corner case? Yes - if Fyodor is shooting for
perfection this week. Not, if it is some weird combination of OS/load
balancer/firewall/NAT/router/etc it is probably going to be seen in the
wilde once in a blue moon :)

Dario