Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: A few windows changes

From: "Eddie Bell" <ejlbell () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 13:08:07 +0100

Your right, it doesn't compile with out them. I've upgraded the libs
and updated the instructions.

On 15/07/07, Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org> wrote:
On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 12:50:26PM +0100, Eddie Bell wrote:
I've added a guide to mswin32/winpcap. The only puzzling aspect is the
mswin32/lib directory. It contains two files 'Packet.lib' and
'Wpcap.lib' both of which don't seem to be used. Anyone know what they
are for?

Hi Eddie.  I an pretty sure Nmap has to link to those for the WinPcap
functions.  I think they then call the DLLs.  Try deleting them and
Nmap should fail to compile on Windows.  But I think we have older
versions when there may be newer ones available for the latest version
of Winpcap.  Would you see if you can find these newer ones, test
them, and check them in?  They are probably in a Winpcap developer's
package.  Bad things may happen if we mismatch the LIBs and the DLLs.

Cheers,
Fyodor