Nmap Development mailing list archives

configure optimisations

From: "Eddie Bell" <ejlbell () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:11:46 +0100

I've committed some initial changes to the 'configure' system. So far
nbase, nsock and nmap have been modified although there is still scope
for improvement in the other sections.

The changes save around 3800 lines of configure code (130k of disk
space) and anywhere between 5 and 15 seconds in run-time. The exact
time saved varies but it is always faster

I've tried to make the files smaller, faster and simpler by doing the following:

   * using 'ifnames' to remove unused macros and tests
   * simplifying tests that are only partially used
   * reducing redundancy

The changes 'should' not break anything but I don't have access to
some of the more exotic unix's

thanks
 - eddie