Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Verbosity/debugging info for scripts

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 17:06:35 -0700

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 06:59:42PM -0500, Kris Katterjohn wrote:

As far as I know, there is no way for scripts to get Nmap's verbosity or
debugging values (o.verbose and o.debugging).  I have attached a patch
to give this info to scripts and a test script to illustrate it's usage.

Hi Kris!  This looks good, and I agree that NSE scripts should have
access to this information.  Please check it in unless one of the
other NSE developers (e.g. Diman, Stoiko) objects or wants to do it
another way.

Thanks,
-F