Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: .dll file not found

From: "Gianluca Varenni" <gianluca.varenni () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 08:21:54 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eddie Bell" <ejlbell () gmail com>
To: <nmap-dev () insecure org>
Cc: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () everythingeverything co uk>;
<py.adriano () gmail com>; "Gianluca Varenni" <gianluca.varenni () gmail com>
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 8:12 AM
Subject: Re: .dll file not found

Uhm... yes :-) How was WinPcap installed? The WinPcap installer installs
specific version of packet.dll for Windows Vista that does not depend on
wanpacket.dll. Both WinPcap 4.0, 4.0.1 and 4.1beta support vista.

Have a nice day
GV

I upgraded the nmap installed to winpcap 4.01 recently but we use our
own installer not the winpcap one. Could this be the problem? (I have
only tested it on XP and below) Do we need to make a check for vista
and install different files?

Yes. Packet.dll is different on vista, and wanpacket.dll is not installed.

GV

cheers
- eddie