Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: New development in host discovery: response rate scaled congestion control

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 17:44:02 -0600

I'll check this out. That they all crashed at the same time is curious.

It seems like it had to do with profiling.  I've managed to get Nmap wedged
into a state where it doesn't run properly.

Less than 1 second into a scan with:

Failed to write 76 bytes of data to (logt==1) stream. fwrite returned 0.
Quitting. QUITTING!
profiling:/home/bmenrigh/flexmap/nmap/svn/nmap-exp/david/nmap-massping-migration/main.gcda:Error
writing
profiling:/home/bmenrigh/flexmap/nmap/svn/nmap-exp/david/nmap-massping-migration/nmap.gcda:Error
writing
... many more gcda files ...

I've tried deleting all the gcda files but Nmap still dies.

Any suggestions before I wipe the directory and pull from SVN again?

That's weird. Have you checked to make sure you're not really out of
disk space? When I ran with -d3 on a 5,000-host scan I got a 178 MB log
file. If you've been doing that, I'm sure yours are much bigger.

But yes, please pull from Subversion again.

David