Nmap Development mailing list archives

About NSE script license field

From: "Kris Katterjohn" <katterjohn () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 10:59:33 -0500

Hey everyone!

NSE script license info has been discussed before (
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2006/q3/0156.html), but I am just thinking
about the existing scripts and how to have consistency in the license field.

We have things like "See nmaps COPYING for license" and variations of it,
and then I have "Look at Nmap's COPYING".

I was thinking that, if everyone agrees and it's "legally sound", then we
can just say "Same as Nmap" instead.  It's simpler and sounds exactly the
same to me.

What do you guys think?  Is "See nmaps COPYING for license" the best thing
to put for right now or do you like my idea?

Thanks,
Kris Katterjohn