Nmap Development mailing list archives

RPC scan crashes LAN

From: "Nathan E. Banks" <nebanks () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 10:50:05 -0500

Hello everyone,

I've been using nmap on my own home LAN for a while, and recently was
using it to help a friend configure his network. We discovered that his
router crashes whenever nmap tries to RPC scan it, either directly, or
as a part of version detection. I did some googling last night and
couldn't find anyone else who was experiencing it. The router is a
Linksys WRT54G, I am scanning from an internal machine on his LAN
running Ubuntu linux. If anyone can give me an idea why this might be
happening, I would appreciate it.

--
Nathan Banks
ICQ 34492883

--
"Paganini avoids mediocrity in everything."
                - Nicolo Paganini