Nmap Development mailing list archives

nmap script engine

From: weisst-du-doch-net <max313 () gmx de>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 07:10:07 +0200

hello!

i have written a script for nmap. i never heraed before from the
programming language lex and i am too lazy to have a deeper look at it
so i decided to write my script in python and call this from my lex
script with os.exeute.
its working nice. lex receives the results by the return value of my
script (with the call of exit(value)). it will do all the work, but when
nmap calls my script it will print every time (also without -d and -v
options) the return values of the python script. so the output is for
example:

Starting Nmap 4.21ALPHA4 ( http://insecure.org ) at 2007-07-06 07:00
10
10
10
10
30
Interesting ports on ***********:
PORT     STATE SERVICE
3306/tcp open  mysql
|_ MySQLBruteforce: Login = [root:NULL]

the 10s and 30 values are the return values of the script. i hope in the
next version the will be fixed. thanks and sorry for my bad english. if
you are interested in my script just mail me.

greetz
max