Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap failing

From: "rlarson" <rlarson () rackspace com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 14:04:35 -0500

When I try to use nmap I get this error

C:\Documents and Settings\rlarson>nmap scanme.nmap.org

Starting Nmap 4.22SOC2 ( http://insecure.org ) at 2007-08-07 14:02 Central
Dayli
ght Time
dnet: Failed to open device eth1
QUITTING!

Can not find any documention on how to fixed this issue. I am running nmap
version 4.22SOC2 on a windows xp home edition.

C:\Documents and Settings\rlarson>nmap --iflist

Starting Nmap 4.22SOC2 ( http://insecure.org ) at 2007-08-07 14:03 Central
Dayli
ght Time
************************INTERFACES************************
DEV  (SHORT) IP/MASK         TYPE     UP   MAC
eth0 (eth0)  (null)/0        ethernet down 00:02:B3:90:91:1A
eth1 (eth1)  10.6.105.157/24 ethernet up   00:02:B3:48:52:AE
lo0  (lo0)   127.0.0.1/8     loopback up

**************************ROUTES**************************
DST/MASK           DEV  GATEWAY
255.255.255.255/32 eth1 10.6.105.157
10.6.105.157/32    lo0  127.0.0.1
10.255.255.255/32  eth1 10.6.105.157
255.255.255.255/32 eth1 10.6.105.157
10.6.105.0/0       eth1 10.6.105.157
127.0.0.0/0        lo0  127.0.0.1
224.0.0.0/0        eth1 10.6.105.157
0.0.0.0/0          eth1 10.6.105.1

Everything appears to be in order.

Regards,
Rob Larson

expressly indicated, is confidential and privileged information of Rackspace
Managed Hosting. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of the enclosed
material is prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please
notify us immediately by e-mail at abuse () rackspace com, and delete the
original message. Your cooperation is appreciated.