Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Lua bugfixes and a new buffering feature

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 23:08:28 -0700

On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 05:19:12AM -0700, doug () hcsw org wrote:

I just found 2 showstopper bugs in the PCRE-Lua interface, fixed them
and committed the fixes to SVN. It seems to work fine now although the
documentation is still hopelessly insufficient for anybody that
doesn't know how to read the C source code. :)

Hi Doug!  Its good to see those fixes!  We definitely need to improve
the PCRE docs.  Your way of saving the compiled PCRE expression seems
reasonable, though I'm not sure whether the time to compile these in
the script action() is actually material.  Putting the line buffer
code into the NSE library sounds like a great idea to me.

Cheers,
Fyodor