Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: problem

From: "DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:27:35 -0500

On 6/19/07, waqas khan <> wrote:
Hey guys i really like nmap and all and it has helped me alot on networks
and works fine on networks at my work place, but when i use nmap at home and
scan an ip with it it always says that i have to use -P0 , and when i use it
, it always says that all ports are filtered.... I get that message with
each and every ip or dns i try to scan. Please help

Are you behind a firewall that might be blocking or otherwise
filtering your traffic?

Nmap has some command-line options that might help you out, too.  Try
--packet-trace or -d3 (debug level 3) and see if you get any
additional clues as to what might be going on.

-Jason

--
NOTICE:  This email is being sent in clear-text across the public
Internet.  Therefore, any attempts to include unenforceable legalese