Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: suggestion for nse / script category

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 00:46:08 -0700

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 04:43:14PM -0500, DePriest, Jason R. wrote:
When I am running nmap inside my corporate network, the scripts that
try to pull data from (such as the RIPE query) don't work.

My Internet access is through a non-transparent proxy server that
requires authentication.

I don't know if there should be a category to specify scripts that
require Internet access or some sort of lookup capability or if there
should be a way to script up some proxy credentials instead.

Hi Jason.  Interesting use case.  For certain types of Internet
access, such as HTTP requests, I think it would make a lot of sense to
have standard library calls for such common requests.  And those
libraries could honor proxy-related variables if they are set.  We
could do a similar thing for passing in general authentication
credentials for scripts which require them.

Cheers,
-F