Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Failed assertion

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 20:59:08 -0700

On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 04:37:33PM -0500, Thomas Buchanan wrote:

I ran into this issue a little while ago on my development system
(Windows XP SP2 with MS Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition), and solved
it by switching the build profile from Debug to Release.  If I recall,
I think I traced the issue to (what I think is) a non-ASCII character
in the following line of the nmap-mac-prefixes file:

That is good information.  I have checked in a new nmap-mac-prefixes
which removes all characters above 0x80, but I'm tormented by nagging
sense of cultural insensitivity.  Oh well.  If someone has a better
idea for fixing this issue, let me know.  I updated the file to the
latest IEEE data while I was at it.

Cheers,
-F