Nmap Development mailing list archives

compiling nmap on windows with ssl support

From: "DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 14:06:47 -0500

I remember reading (somewhere) that compiling the Windows version of
nmap with openssl support hasn't really been formalized.

I installed Visual C++ 2005 EE last night and the Windows Server 2003
R2 SDK this morning.

I also installed GnuWin32's OpenSSL libraries, binaries, source, and
documentation (http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/openssl.htm).

Should that be good enough for me to try to compile the Windows nmap
with openssl support?

If so, how?

I honestly haven't used MS VC before having been more of a configure &
make & make install sort of guy for a while.

After following the instructions on Microsoft's website to get MS VC
working properly, I am able to compile nmap successfully.  I just want
to add in the openssl bit if I can.

-Jason