Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: problem compiling nmap

From: "Kris Katterjohn" <katterjohn () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 15:37:34 -0500

On 5/14/07, Anshul Mathur <anshcool2005 () gmail com> wrote:

sir,
i have been using port scanners for a while in my job but have only
recently
taken to using nmap, given its versatility and popularity.
i have downloaded the newest version (4.21) for running in windows xp SP2.

problem is that the nmap.sln file in nmap\win32 fails to open reporting
that
it is an invalid visual studio solution file. is there any way you could
sort out the issue.

By v4.21 I assume you mean ALPHA4, or do you mean the latest on SVN?  What
compiler are you using?

I have been successfully compiling off of the latest SVN with MS VC++ 2005
Express (which I believe is what is the "recommended" for Nmap).

Thanks,
Kris Katterjohn