Nmap Development mailing list archives

where to start from

From: Muhammad Ali <m01ali1985 () yahoo co uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 19:32:45 +0100 (BST)

Hi Everyone
Can anyone help me with the following.
I want to start development for nmap,basically for learning development in linux and c/c++ language. i can program in
Java. I downloaded the source for nmap, but i not sure where to start from. I have no idea what are the different part
of nmap.I could not find a good start guide though.

Can you suggest me any link,book so it can learn and start/learn a bit about nmap source code with documentation.

which language nmap is writen in, which IDE can i use or any other tools.
Thanks