Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Windows Nmap Port 0 problem

From: Matthew Boyle <mb2263 () bristol ac uk>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 00:30:06 +0100

kx wrote:
Looks like our use of port 0 with connect ist verboten on Windows. I
would think we could use --send-eth to force Windows to use raw
ethernet so we could build our own headers, but it doesn't seem to
work. Honestly, I don't know the code well enough yet to know if nmap
has its own TCP connect stack, but it would be nice.

i thought the whole point of the connect scan was that it used the OS's
own system call, for times when manufacturing packets isn't an option?

--matt

--
et je triche, et je mens, et je m'éclate, et je touche à tout.