Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: UDP scanning

From: Hari Sekhon <hpsekhon () googlemail com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:27:58 +0000

yes this is pretty much what I discovered. I have a logserver listening
on both udp and tcp and it is never detected on udp since it never sends
a reply.

I guess this gives udp a kind of security through obscurity from this
point of view in that sometimes it can be very difficult to find some
services unless you know already they're there (in which case you
wouldn't need to scan it with nmap...).

Thanks for the feedback.

-h

Hari Sekhon