Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Request to add MAC Address to GREP Output

From: Peter Nichols <pnicho1 () sbcglobal net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 22:45:12 -0600

I'll get with the folks on the development side of my company. They
do lots of XML, hacking the grep-able was quicker...

Thx....
-petern
On Jan 1, 2007, at 1:17 PM, Joshua D. Abraham wrote:

But I admit that I'm no XML expert.  Does anyone here know good
command-line tools for picking out fields from Nmap XML output?  Have
an example command-line you can show us?  xslt with a custom XSL file
would do the trick, but that may be overkill for the simple cases
where you just want (say) the IP, open TCP port numbers, and (in this
case) MAC address.

If you like Perl, I have packaged Nmap::Parser for Debian,
FreeBSD and Gentoo.

--
Joshua D. Abraham
Northeastern University