Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Parsing Nmap

From: "Joshua D. Abraham" <jabra () ccs neu edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 17:21:24 -0400

On 27.Mar.2007 11:16PM +0200, kx wrote:

JP,
  Not sure if Fyodor has recieved applications for this project, but
Fyodor posted XML -> SQL DB as a Google SoC idea:
http://insecure.org/nmap/GoogleGrants.html

It is under XML Expert

If this would meet your need, and it is something you are interested
in working on, you should contact Fyodor.

Well, I think my software pretty much does all this. It's called
PBNJ.

http://pbnj.sf.net

PBNJ is a suite of tools to monitor changes on a network over
time. It does this by checking for changes on the target
machine(s), which includes the details about the services running
on them as well as the service state. PBNJ parses the data from
a scan and stores it in a database. PBNJ uses Nmap to perform
scans.

http://pbnj.sourceforge.net/packages.html

Here is the article I wrote up for sysadmin magazine:

Which describes the details of using it, and why I didn't want to
integrate this functionality into Nmap directly.

http://www.samag.com/documents/s=10112/sam0702a/0702a.htm

Let me know what you think.

Regards,
Josh