Nmap Development mailing list archives

A Mac OS X build of Nmap

From: Romain Goyet <romain.goyet () polytechnique org>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:54:52 +0100

Hi there,

First of all, I'd like to thank you guys for creating Nmap. It's one of the best apps ever !

Whatsoever, it appears that Mac OS X (10.4 Tiger, at least) has all the dependencies needed to run Nmap. So using Fink only for Nmap is a bit overkill. I personally don't really like Fink whatsoever, so I made up an Nmap ".pkg" (the standard package format on Mac OS X).

This version is the latest stable version (4.20 AFAIK), and is built as a Universal Binary (Intel and PowerPC arch). It's really easy to install (basically all you have to do is double-click and authenticate), and it put all the files in the right place (for example, on OS X, man pages go in /usr/share/man/)

I can put it online if you want - which I think you will, given that you do publish binaries for Nmap.

- Romain