Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Cisco VPN and nmap...

From: "Craig Humphrey" <Craig.Humphrey () chapmantripp com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 09:12:36 +1300

Hi Saro,

I suspect this is actually a limitation of WinPcap and relates to
non-ethernet interfaces.
I have similar problems with standard PPP (Microsoft) VPNs and cellular
based internet connections.

If you do an "nmap -iflist" you'll see your NICs, loopbacks and the VPN
and I think if it doesn't say "ethernet" in the TYPE column, WinPcap
wont reliably work with it.

Hope that helps.

Later'ish
Craig