Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap 4.20ALPHA11: Now recognizes Minix!

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 22:47:44 -0800

Hello everyone.  I've got a new Nmap for you, and like usual it
contains many more OS fingerprints.  28% more to be exact.  Notable
additions include FreeBSD 6.1, a bunch of HP LaserJet printers, and
HP-UX 11.11.  We also got a bunch of more obscure submissions like
Minix 3.1.2a and "Ember InSight Adapter for programming EM2XX-family
embedded devices".  Who doesn't have a few of those laying around?
I'm hoping that all the obscure submissions mean that more of the
mainstream systems are being detected out of the box!  So please keep
'em coming!  Corrections are also quite helpful (see the easy
instructions at http://insecure.org/nmap/submit/ ).

By the way, I haven't *only* been working on OS detection.  Diman and
I have been making good progress on the Nmap Scripting Engine.  So
keep an eye out for upcoming NSE news.  Also, Doug mentioned that he's
integrating your latest version detection submissions.

You can find the new release at the normal location:

http://insecure.org/nmap/download.html

Please let us (nmap-dev) know if you encounter any problems.

Cheers,
Fyodor