Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Subnet masks in Dotted-Decimal format

From: "Livio Zanol Puppim" <livio.zanol.puppim () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 12:29:40 -0300

Yeah, I know It's against RFC, but a lot of things are against it either...
Like "every host should reply an echo request with an echo reply" and many
many other things... Some companys likes to use this kind of mask to
"masquerade" their networks... I've never tried the method you've
menthioned, i'll give this a try...

Thanks,
Lívio Zanol Puppim