Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: NMap on Windows

From: "Isaac Van Name" <ivanname () southerlandsleep com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 13:34:08 -0500

If you downloaded and installed WinPCap, there shouldn't be a problem.  I
installed Nmap and WinPCap and it worked fine.  Didn't configure anything.

Isaac Van Name
Systems Administrator
Southerland, Inc.
ivanname () southerlandsleep com

"What good would you do with an ignorant employee? Ignorance is grounds for
dismissal..." - Mario Spinthiras

Open Source developing at its finest:
"Written in vim, W3C valid and UTF-8 encoded, for her pleasure."

Disclaimer:  This email is intended only to be used to feign intellectual
mastery of a subject or superhuman command of the English language, when
profanity is involved.  By reading this email, you are agreeing to cease all
correspondence with the sender upon realizing your own ignorance, and
furthermore to refrain from taking legal action against said sender when
your compounding ignorance crushes your inadequate self-esteem.  Have a nice
day.

Original> -----Original Message-----
Original> From: nmap-dev-bounces () insecure org [mailto:nmap-dev-
Original> bounces () insecure org] On Behalf Of Nick Jones
Original> Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 6:32 AM
Original> To: nmap-dev () insecure org
Original> Subject: NMap on Windows
Original>
Original> ** z:\mail\misc\1052eo ***         L=001 --- 2006/10/18 11:31:16
(L05)
Original> To:   <nmap-dev () insecure org>
Original> From: Nick Jones  <nbj () cbl com> - CBL
Original> Re:   NMap on Windows
Original>
Original> Hi,
Original>
Original> I'm an NMap newbie and have just downloaded and installed the
stable
Original> version
Original> of NMap for Windows (4.11).
Original>
Original> On running a simple scan at a command prompt, I get error messages
Original> relating
Original> to open failure on eth0 and the scan stops.
Original> e.g.
Original>       nmap -v -A 192.168.1.82
Original>
Original> Do I need to configure something for Windows NMap usage ?
Original>
Original> Thanks in advance,
Original> Nick Jones
Original>                          --- End of Message ---
Original> -----------------------------------------------------------------
Original> Compute (Bridgend) Ltd  Tel: +44 (1656) 652222 <support () cbl com>
Original> http://www.cbl.com      Fax: +44 (1656) 652227  <admin () cbl com>
Original>
Original>
Original>
Original>
Original> Sent through the nmap-dev mailing list
Original> http://cgi.insecure.org/mailman/listinfo/nmap-dev
Original> Archived at http://SecLists.Org