Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Public Nmap SVN Repository

From: Kris Katterjohn <katterjohn () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 08:19:32 -0600

Fyodor wrote:
Don't you guys think a public Subversion repository for Nmap would be
useful?

Absolutely.

* Nmap developers working on cool experimental stuff (Like Diman,
  Doug, Marek, etc.) can have their own branches, if they want 'em.
  That way they can implement cool stuff, and everyone can download
  and test it easily, but it won't destabilize the main Nmap trunk
  until it is ready for merging.  For example, the raw packet NSE
  support might be a great candidate for its own branch.

I like.

How important do you guys think it is to be able to browse the
repository with a web browser, link to revisions, etc. using something
like ViewCVS or Trac?  I don't presently plan to implement this, but I
probably can if there is demand.  If you want it, what software do you
recommend?

I'd like that.

I'm not formally suggesting any specific implementation because I've
never run one, but (as suggested all ready) git is nice. I like it on
kernel.org.

Cheers,
Fyodor

Thanks,