Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE Script] Skype v2 service detection

From: Diman Todorov <diman.todorov () chello at>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 16:56:44 +0200

+ the script currently runs against any and all ports 80/443 it finds.
would there be any benefit in not running it if that port has already
been determined to be an http(s) server?  `and (port.service ~= "http"
or port.service ~= "https")` on the end of the portrule, for instance.
I will think about that. If there I (or someone else) can come up with
an elegant and generic way to do it, I will gladly incorporate it.

+ more generally, the `return on socket error` code crops up a lot.
would it be a good candidate for a library of useful functions?
I am already working on this issue. I am planning to add an exception
handling mechanism to NSE but the details of its working are not yet
set. I
am welcoming ideas on this topic. I am thinking about using and
extending
lua's built in exception handling mechanism. Fyodor thought that NSE
might provide default exception handling code for common exceptions.
This however is something which will happen only after I clean up and
finish the NSE documentation.

cheers
Diman