Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 4.20ALPHA5: Unable to produce ideal -O2 tests ?

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 18:17:31 -0700

On Sat, Sep 02, 2006 at 11:47:54PM +0000, Brandon Enright wrote:
On Sat, 2006-09-02 at 16:30 -0700, Fyodor wrote:

Thanks Brandon.  But I'm still having some trouble isolating the
problem.  It doesn't occur on any of my machines.  Could you apply the
attached patch (which adds a few debugging lines) then rerun the same
scan and send me the output again?

Attached.

Thanks, this helped me narrow it down.  It seems that the problem
relates to scanning systems which don't respond to the first ICMP echo
request probe (the one with the bogus code value of 9).  Expect a
4.20ALPHA6 release within the hour.  Please let us know if that works
for you, or not.

Cheers,
Fyodor