Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE Script] SSLv2 support detection

From: Matthew Boyle <mb2263 () bristol ac uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:37:01 +0100

this is a (fairly primitive, not very fast or efficient) SSL version 2
scan, similar in function to nessus plugin 20007.

i've tested it on several fairly wide scans of https servers and it
seems to be fairly resilient.

it currently just reports whether or not the server supports an SSLv2
connection, and what cyphers it offered.  however, every section of the
server hello is available if anyone wants to use them for anything.
especially, if anyone wants to have a go at parsing X.509 certificates,
be my guest -- it would save me a lot of reading :-p

the table of cyphers only contains the basic SSLv2 ones.  i also
converted a list of every (?) available cypher (including SSLv3/TLS),
but it's stupidly long.  would anyone actually like the whole thing?

i'm not a very good programmer, so please let me know of any idiocies
i've committed and i'll fix them :-)  the same goes for any suggestions,
improvements or false positives/negatives.

--matt

--
et je triche, et je mens, et je m'éclate, et je touche à tout.