Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: LUA Script Ideas

From: "Eddie Bell" <ejlbell () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:52:20 +0200

This feature is very cool. I've attached a little script that no
vulnerability scanner scan should be without, anonymous ftp check  :)
I can't wait to try and code a proper vulnerability test.

I haven't check the code yet but it would be very useful if NSE had
access to os detection and service scan results because vulnerability
checks would be very accurate. Especially memory corruption based
tests.

And how are the scripts going to be distributed? All with the nmap
archive? An online    repository? A nessus style seperate archive?
etc..

-ejlb