Nmap Development mailing list archives

Google Summer of Code

From: Arthur Amarra <arthur_amarra () yahoo co uk>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 21:12:34 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I recently joined the nmap-dev list today, my main reason is to get up-to-date with the current status of nmap
development (besides what is available on the web site) because I'm interested in applying for Google's Summer of Code.
I believe that it is a good opportunity for me to do something useful over the summer, and get involved (hopefully, in
the long term) in nmap development.

I've been using nmap for 3 years for mainly network troubleshooting in my part-time job in the University of Liverpool
where I study aerospace engineering. It is my favourite tool, although I also use Tcptraceroute, netcat, hping2 and the
standard network utilities.

Before I apply to Google's summer of code I'd like to do some hacking, learn about planned features and maybe start to
implement them before writing up my project proposal. I'm not asking anything from anyone. I will start reading up on
things myself, please regard this email as my way of greeting you guys and let me offer some thanks for the great job
you've already done on this fantastic tool =)

regards,
Arthur Vincent V. Amarra