Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap-4.02CSW failed build on Windows XP built in VS 2005 Express

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 20:25:47 -0700

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 11:06:28PM -0400, kx wrote:
The pow(5.0, ...) patch works well.

Good.

The #define works less so, and for whatever reason, the compiler is
only respecting it when compiling nbase and nsock, but not nmap.
*sigh*  Not to mention, dnet and libpcre throw the same warnings. It
is just warnings, but it annoying.  If possible, would you mind adding
the define to the .sln file for all configurations of all projects.
Not sure on the VS 2003 interface, but here is what I do in VS2005:

I don't like changing the .sln file unless there are no other
alternatives, since they are hard to read directly and I then have to
make all of my changes to the file in Windows and then copy them
back.  So let's see if we can solve this in the .h files.  It sounds
like the nbase patch took care of nbase and nsock.  For Nmap, does
putting the #define in nmap_winconfig.h solve the problem?  For
libpcre and dnet, would you figure out the best .h file to add the
code into, test the change, and send me a diff?

We can change the .sln if we *must*, but let's give the .h files a
good try first.

Cheers,
-F