Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Patch] Service Fingerprints in XML

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:27:26 -0700

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 01:25:33AM +0000, Brandon Enright wrote:
On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 00:16 -0700, Fyodor wrote:

Okay I've attached a much cleaner version of this patch.  I used you're
version of xml_sf_convert as a base but capped fingerprints to 2048
bytes.  2048 bytes should be good enough for all but the largest
fingerprints.

Looks good!  I have applied this for the next version of Nmap.

o Service fingerprints are now provided in the XML output whenever
  they would appear in the interactive output (i.e. when a service
  respons with data but is unrecognized).  They are shown in a new
  'servicefp' attribute to the 'service' tag.  Thanks to Brandon
  Enright (bmenrigh(a)ucsd.edu) for sending the patch.

Cheers,
-F