Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: SSH Survey Results

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 20:50:15 -0700

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 04:03:49AM -0700, doug () hcsw org wrote:

One of the projects I elected to take on for this Google Summer
of Code is a large SSH scan against random hosts on the internet in
order to refine and update Nmap's SSH version detection.

Thanks, this looks great!  And I have applied your patch for the
upcoming Nmap 4.11.

o Added a bunch more detailed SSH version detection signatures, thanks
  to a SSH huge survey and integration effort by Doug Hoyte.  The
  results of his large-scale SSH scan are posted at
  http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2006/Apr-Jun/0393.html .

Cheers,
-F