Nmap Development mailing list archives

nmap_lua attack scripting alpha release

From: Diman Todorov <diman () xover mud at>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 01:27:57 +0200

Hello list,
I just finished a first release of the nmap + lua attack scripting
system.

The idea is similar to nessus' NASL: scan for open ports and then
perform
penetration tests on the open ports. The tests are written in lua.
The current version is not final, it is bound to change. Nevertheless
the basic
infrastructure is working. The tarball contains 4 sample scripts to
give you an idea of
what can be done with nmap-lua. A script to extract the title from an
HTML
site, a script to get an smtp version string, a script to print the sshd
version without being logged (echo trick) and a script to show the owner
of a service by querying identd.

The tarball can be downloaded at http://xover.mud.at/~diman/
nmap-4.10LUA.tar.bz2
in nmap-4.10LUA/ you will find README-LUA which contains installation
instructions and general documentation regarding execution and
development
of nmap-lua scripts.

If you have some spare time, you might want to play around with the
scripts.
Let me know if you find any bugs, if you have ideas, if you write any
scripts
or if you simply hate my design :)

cheers
Diman