Nmap Development mailing list archives

compile nmap 4.03/4.10 on mac os x

From: jmzhou.ml () gmail com
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:34:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Last time I reported compile error of nmap 4.03 on Mac OS X 10.4.x
when nmap is configured with ``--enable-shared --enable-static''
option. The compiler is Xcode 2.0. The error is that libdnet in
nmap is linked as libdnet.dylib, but nmap requires libdnet.a.
I need --enable-shared option because I only have shared libraries
of GTK+2 in the system.

Today I compiled nmap 4.10, still with the same configure option.
And it failed again. However, after looking at Autoconf documents,
I found a solution for this problem. That is, configure nmap as
the following:

   ./configure --enable-shared --enable-static=libdnet

I'd suggest to add this note into the installation guide. :-)

Best regards,

Jimmy