Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Output Format Changes (RE: Nmap 4.10 Released for Testing)

From: "majek04" <nmap () forest one pl>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 00:55:44 +0200 (CEST)

      The point of this e-mail was really just to support leaving the
-OG output the same, so I don't have to go back and edit the various
scripts scrubbing the output data.

[snip]
o When you do a UDP+TCP scan, the TCP ports are now shown first (in
  numerical order), followed by the UDP ports (also in order).  This
  contrasts with the old format which showed all ports together in
  numerical order, regardless of protocol.  This was at first a "bug",
  but then I started thinking this behavior may be better.  If you
  have a preference for one format or the other, please post your
  reasons to nmap-dev.

After applying attached patch (against 4.10)
you will get the old style output in numerical order.

Marek Majkowski