Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 4.03 Released; Survey Status

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 18:05:13 -0700

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 12:00:21AM -0400, Scott Worley wrote:
I was able to compile with Visual Studio 2005 command line (build log
Attached for those interested).  I am using Visual Studio 2005, so I needed
to convert the current .sln to the 2005 format first.  To do this command
line, you will also need to ensure that the path for devenv.exe is in your
profile.

Thanks for the detailed instructions.  I have implemented these
suggestions for Nmap 4.04BETA1 (
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2006/Apr-Jun/0326.html ).  I was cursing
MS when devenv didn't exist and I worried that I wasted all my time
installing VC++ Express and that I'd have to go out and buy the
commercial VS anyway.  But it turned out that they just renamed it
VCExpress.exe for some reason.

Cheers,
Fyodor