Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Draft for hosted cgi

From: "Julien Delange" <julien.delange () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 22:04:51 +0200

2006/5/24, KarMax <karmax () gmail com>:

Great doc.
It will be good if the client and the daemon communicate each other using
XML
Doing this the client will be really independent. ( a perl/Gtk client
running on my *nix or a Java app, etc.)
So we have:
GUI --XML--> "Parser" --> DAEMON

Yes. Actually, I think about using XML/RPC between clients and daemon. But
unfortunately, I think that it would take more time and I'm not sure to
finish it in august. In fact, I never use XML/RPC, but I think it's not so
difficult. I will think about it and make tests to know if I could include
it in the specifications.

More, I think that let users control scan requests through a heavy client
(like perl/gtk client) is a bad idea. What about malicious users that made
bots to generate many scan requests against a single host ? (Yes, he will
always be able to make a bot that send http requests ... but it's a bit more
hard). It's probably better to let the application on a single host with cgi
client.

Thanks for your comments,

Regards,