Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: how to look about the receive data of p acket from destinational host

From: "Joshua D. Abraham" <jabra () ccs neu edu>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 08:35:56 -0400

On 11.May.2006 08:01AM +0000, Brandon Enright wrote:

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 15:08 +0800, zf81811 wrote:
hello  every one

how to look about the receive data of packet from destinational host?

the receive data is the data used to compare to the fingerprinting.

thanks,good luck!

It sounds like you may want the banner information like what Amap would
provide.  Check out Joshua Abraham's (jabra () ccs neu edu) banner printing
patch available at
<http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/jabra/dstudy/nmap-4.01-banner-xmlfix.tar.bz2>.  You'll probably want to check the
archives for more information.

If you are looking for the raw un-sanitized data received from a service
fingerprint probe something like that doesn't really exist. The data is
there internally but it isn't clear if there is a good way to present
the information to the user.  It's something that either Joshua or
myself may be interested in coding up in the future.

The raw data could easily be extracted with a modification to my
patch. However, the data could be several lines long. My patch
truncates the response to a single line and therefore maybe what
you are looking for.

If you have any suggestions please feel free to let me know.

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/jabra/dstudy/nmap-4.01-banner-xmlfix.tar.bz2

Regards,
Josh

--