Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: ncurses GUI for nmap

From: "Kurt Grutzmacher" <grutz () jingojango net>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 14:31:31 -0700

On 5/1/06, Opal Esperanza <opal.esperanza () gmail com> wrote:
Would anyone be interested in having an ncurses GUI (command-line
interface, think kismet, ettercap, midnight commander...) developed
for nmap? Perhaps more importantly, would anyone be violently opposed
to it? :) Naturally it wouldn't run too well on Windows, but many
Linux-and-such fans treasure being able to avoid the overhead of a
real GUI whenever possible :) This is just my half-baked idea for SoC,
so please, tell me now if it should be thrown out :) Thank you!

I'm not violently opposed to it but I would really love to see how you
pull it off. I'd rather have something that could show the XML output
in a usable format so you could visually get a list of all hosts with
Web servers and SMB. Sure I do this today with grep or a
webserver/backend process but something in wx-python would be cooler.

I'm tired of web apps for everything. When I'm just me doing a test I
don't need/want to process all this data into a database, run a
webserver and use a browser. It's slow.

Anyway, that's my opinion. A wx-based nmap xml processor/visualizer
would be hella useful.