Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Importing Nmap XML output into Access 2003

From: Luke Triantafyllidis <triple () aeoth net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 13:33:24 +1100

Bill,

While I'm not an Access 2003 expert, I suspect it's because the data in
nmap XML log files is stored in the tag attributes rather than the
character data fields. Unfortunately I'm not sure whether or not Access
can be tweaked to grab XML data from tag attributes.

-Luke

Bill Kew wrote:

Importing Tenable NeWT 2.1.1 XML output into Access 2003 works fine.

Importing Nmap XML output into Access 2003 runs without any errors, but
the end result is not as expected. The tables, fields, and rows
appropriate to the XML data are created. The only problem is that every
data cell is blank.

Bill Kew