Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Nmap Problems

From: "Brandon Enright" <bmenrigh () ucsd edu>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 22:23:30 -0000

Well everytime I try to use Nmap I get the message that was recorded in
this
video. I decided to make a video so it shows in detail what happens
instead
of some one trying to imagine what is happening. I really only recorded
this
video because I am really despereate for Nmap to
work...http://abok.net/blackjack/Nmap.wmv

--
BlAcKjAcK

Just to recap your video, Nmap can't find your DNS server(s) and suggests
using --system-dns or --dns-servers.  What happens when you try using those
options?

Also, you should go get 4.01 before troubleshooting any further.

And please don't make any more videos, at the very worst just copy and paste
the Nmap output.  Microsoft's Windows Media 9 isn't very Linux friendly.

Brandon

--
Brandon Enright
UCSD ACS/Network Operations