Nmap Development mailing list archives

NMAP 4.00: Strange behavior on Win32(XP)

From: Deston High <mqx () low-axs net>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 11:16:03 +0100

Hello NMAP Hacker,

Something is really strange when trying to prob any host with the new
version (4.00).
I ALLWAYS get, depending on the commandline options:

80/tcp filtered http
all ports are open|filtered
and so on ...

command line used: nmap -v -p80 -P0 www.google.de (for example)

I tryed almost all command line options and variants!
So, it isn't possible to do a service scan at all.

My OS: Windows XP (SP2) German

Then i have to ask another question. My firewall (kerio personal
firewall) report outgoing connections from "system".
I have to disable the firewall to get the scan working or i have to
allow ANY packet to be send (very annoying !).
Isn't there a way to bind the outgoing traffic to nmap, so i can make a
rule ? ...like bind the port which is used to send the packets...
something like a "fake-bind" ^^. (I know this works, because I myself
coded a syn-scanner and used this to make it working with software
firewalls).

Some really nice thing added to version 4.00!
Looking forward to the next NMAP version and to get it working!

greetz
D. High