Nmap Development mailing list archives

Patch for XML DTD validation/wellformedness

From: "Brandon Enright" <bmenrigh () ucsd edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 08:47:05 -0000

The DTD document had a few bare fragments in it preventing it from being a
valid document.  There were also a few missing elements that prevented some
XML outputs from validating.

I'm pretty sure I got everything into the DTD that Nmap can output, but I
haven't thoroughly checked the code.  I have a few additions to the XML
output in mind so I'll keep my eye on the DTD.

I've attached a patch so that Nmap XML output will validate again.

It would also be nice if there was a flag like --dtd <URL> that would add
<!DOCTYPE nmaprun SYSTEM "<URL>"> to the documents.  If there is any
interest I'll consider writing a patch for it.

Brandon

--
Brandon Enright
UCSD ACS/Network Operations